The Disco Dollar Palming Coins were designed specifically for sleight of hand magic with all the best features of thin coins.
Like all of Copeland Coins: These coins were engineered for professional magic.
- Same Diameter as United States Morgan Silver Dollars (38mm)
- Approximately 1.4mm thin. Two coins are about as thick as one mint condition Morgan Dollar. Easily Down's Palm 8, 9, 10 or more coins at a time!!
- Obverse side features the Grandmaster Magician Jeff McBride wearing his Kabuki theater mask. The Latin script reads "Ex Nihilo Nihil Fit" which means "Nothing comes from nothing." This celebrates the joy received from working hard to produce beautiful magic.
- The reverse side of the coin features a bat flying in front of a disco ball moon. The bat is actually doing Sybil Cut with playing cards in it's claws! The Latin script reads "Carpe Noctum" or "Seize the Night!"
- Both sides feature "disco ball" style reflective images to maximize the light that radiates off the coins so they can be seen across the largest theaters!
- Firm reeded edges with excellent grip. Not too deep, chiseled edges allow for easy, fast flourishes while still providing wonderful grip.
- Key Difference: Sandblasted Rims. The outer two millimeters of the coin's face have a sandblasted surface. Unlike other palming coins, this mutes and helps to keep the coin edges from flashing light through the magician's fingers when the coins are back palmed and clipped behind the hand. (You might note it is even hard to photograph the edges, as witnessed in the pictures above.)
- Key Difference: Tapered edges. The very outer surface edges of the coins is beveled down by approximately 0.15mm. When two coins are stacked together, there is a tiny gap at the edge to insert a fingernail. Unlike other palming coins, this small gap allows the fingernail to stick in between the coins and easily separate the coins when they are Down's palmed in a tight stack!
- Key Difference: Made of solid Brass for superior sound when dropped in the Money Goblet or other coin pail.
- Available in the two most reflective colors: Gold or Silver.
- Amazing touch! Textured faces allow for easy grip and manipulation.
- Plated with a high quality, scratch resistant finish.
- Fun to perform and ideal for use in the Money Goblet!
- 1 Gold Disco Dollar
- 1 Silver Disco Dollar
- 10 Gold Disco Dollars- Great Discount!
- 10 Silver Disco Dollars - Great Discount!
- 20 Disco Dollars - 10 Silver and 10 Gold - BEST DEAL!!
This listing is for physical coins only. There are no video instructions included.
About the Art
The Disco Dollar is a Jeff Copeland original creation.
Jeff McBride appears on the face of the coin with permission, using artwork from his 1991 lecture notes, McBride Unmasked.
Jeff Copeland meticulously worked alongside graphic designers to create a clean image of his vision of the bat cutting cards while flying over a disco ball moon.
With these coins, you will surely Make Beautiful Magic.
What are Palming Coins?
Palming coins are thin, sometimes extremely thin, coins used by magicians that allow you to hide extra coins in your hand without "flashing" their existence. Having an overloaded hand with too many coins can make it very hard to stack multiple coins...Not to mention get very heavy!
The Disco Dollars are approximately 1.4mm thin, which means you can hold 2 for 1 compared to a similar 38mm silver dollar coin that is approximately 3mm thick.
Why use Palming Coins?
Being able to hold a stack of 8 to 10 coins in the space you can normally only hold 4 or 5 coins makes for longer, continuous magic that doesn't have the magician reaching or "stealing" for more coins. This allows cleaner magic because there are less secret moves to get more coins. (Of course you can use the Money Goblet to eliminate all secret moves.)
Copeland Coins has designed the Disco Dollar with all the Key Differences noted above. In addition, the Disco Dollar was intentionally designed to it's exact thinness. There is a point when a palming coin becomes too thin and is impractical for single coin productions from a stack.
At Copeland Coins, we try hard to not stop thinking too soon. All of our products represent the little details that matter to help you, Make Beautiful Magic.